If you would like to play some friendly yet competitive singles tennis, then please join our Singles League.
This is open to all adult members and any junior member.
This aims to be a friendly way to play matches outside of clubnight.
If you are interested or want to find out more, please contact Mike by email on
The Singles League is a friendly club competition, and a fantastic way to meet other members whilst playing a greater diversity of opponents.
Scoring will be based upon the FAST4 tennis format, which ensures matches can be completed in a reasonable period of time.
- No advantage scoring – if the score reaches deuce, it’s a sudden death point (receiver to choose side.)
- First to four games wins the set.
- Tiebreaker at 3 games all – tie-break played to 7 points, 2 clear at 6-6 (changing ends after every 6 points.)
- First to two sets wins the match.
- Match tiebreaker at 1 set all – tie-break played to 10 points, 2 clear at 9-9 (changing ends after every 6 points.)
Please try your best to actively arrange and play your matches by the end of the month, which should be organised directly between yourself and other players in your group.
I would appreciate if you would keep me informed of any difficulty in arranging matches.
Both players are to e-mail the result to email@example.com as soon as practicable after the match, clearly indicating who won, who lost and the score;